If you are a customer of shared or reseller hosting, please drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us through phone or live chat and we will generate the CSR for you.
If you are a customer of VPS or Dedicated server (Windows hosting), you can generate the CSR in Microsoft IIS7 yourself by following the steps below:
1. Click on Start, then Administrative Tools, then Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. Click on the server name.
3. From the center menu, double-click the "Server Certificates" button in the "Security" section (it is near the bottom of the menu).
4. Next, from the "Actions" menu (on the right), click on "Create Certificate Request."This will open the Request Certificate wizard.
5. In the "Distinguished Name Properties" window, enter the information as follows:
Common Name - The name through which the certificate will be accessed (usually the fully-qualified domain name, e.g., www.domain.com or mail.domain.com).
Organization - The legally registered name of your organization/company.
Organizational unit - The name of your department within the organization (frequently this entry will be listed as "IT," "Web Security," or is simply left blank).
City/locality - The city in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country/region – The country in which your organization is located.
6. Click Next.
7. In the "Cryptographic Service Provider Properties" window, enter the following information and then, click Next:
Cryptographic service provider - In the drop-down list, select Microsoft RSA SChannel..., unless you have a specific cryptographic provider.
Bit length - In the drop-down list, select 2048 (or higher).
8. Enter a filename for your CSR file.
Remember the filename that you choose and the location to which you save it. You will need to open this file as a text file and copy the entire body of it (including the Begin and End Certificate Request tags) into the online order process when prompted.
If you are a customer of VPS or Dedicated server (Linux hosting), you can generate the CSR by following the steps below:
• Click on SSL/TLS Manager > Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
• Using the CSR Legend on the right-hand side of this page, fill out the Generate a New Certificate Signing Request form.
• Click on the Generate button to generate the new CSR.
• cPanel shows you the CSR in the top box under SSL Certificate Signing Request (don't worry about the contents of the box below it, you don't need it).
• Copy everything in the top box.
• Save a copy of your CSR.