Setting Up Hosted Exchange on iPhone - Setting Up an Exchange Email Account
To access Exchange on the iPhone:
• You must have an Enterprise data plan on your AT&T account.
• Your email administrator must purchase an ActiveSync license and add your mailbox to that license.
To set up the iPhone:
1. Log into your User Control Panel at: admin.emailsrvr.com/usercp.
2. Scroll down to the Client Setup section and click the ActiveSync link. This will open the “Setting Up ActiveSync” window. You will need this information to set up the account.
On the iPhone, perform the following steps:
1. Tap the Settings icon.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange.
5. The Exchange setup screen will open. Enter the following information:
• Email—Enter your entire email address (e.g., myname@ mydomain.com).
• Domain—Enter the Domain address from the Setting Up ActiveSync window.
• Username—Enter the User name (e.g., myname_ mydomain.com) from the Setting Up ActiveSync window. The User name is different from the email address.
• Password—Enter your email account password.
• Description—Enter a descriptive name for your account (e.g., My Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
6. Tap the Next button.
7. The iPhone will attempt to verify the account. You may receive an “Unable to Verify Certificate” message. Tap the Accept button.
8. Tap the Server field, enter the Server address from the Setting Up ActiveSync window.
9. Tap the Next button.
10. The iPhone will try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non- SSL connection and you will get the screen below. Tap Yes to continue.
11. Tap the ON / OFF buttons to select the information types to synchronize with Exchange.
12. Tap the Save or Done button.