Setting Up iPhone™ Email for IMAP - Setting Up an IMAP Email Account
1. Tap the Settings icon.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Other, located at the bottom of the list.
5. Enter the following information in the spaces provided:
• Name—Enter your full first and last name, as you want it to be displayed in the email you send.
• Address—Enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com).
• Password—Enter your email account password.
• Description—Enter a descriptive name for your account (e.g., My Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
6. Tap the Save button.
7. On the next screen, make sure IMAP is selected. In both the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server sections, enter the following information:
• Host Name—Enter the name of the secure email server: secure.emailsrvr.com
• User Name—Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Password—Enter the password associated with your email account.
8. Tap the Save button.
9. You will be returned to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen. Tap the name of the account you just created.
10. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and tap the Advanced button.
11. In the Mailbox Behaviors section, you can “map” your iPhone email mailboxes to the associated folders stored on the email server. For each of the following mailboxes, tap the arrow next to the folder name. A new window will appear where you can select the associated “On the Server” folder:
• Drafts Mailbox—Select “Drafts”
• Sent Mailbox—Select “Sent”
• Deleted Mailbox—Select “Trash”
12. After completing these steps, you should be able to send and receive email successfully.