File manager allows you to fully manage file system within the hosting space. You can browse, copy, move, rename, delete files and folders; change files and folders permissions; create new files and folders; upload, zip, unzip files through your web browser. Frankly speaking, there is no necessity in FTP as it could be completely replaced by file manager.
- Go to the control panel URL.
- Enter Username/password.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Click on the “File Manager” Icon.
- Click on Domain name >> wwwroot.
- To upload new files click on the “Upload” button.
- To create new text file click on the“Create File” button.
- To create new folder click on the “Create Folder” button.
- To zip files and folders, select them in files list.
- Click on the “Zip” button.
- To copy selected files and folders click on the “Copy” button.
- Click on the "lock" icon to assign read/write permission to a file/folder.
View this explanatory video to easily understand the process of using File Manager in the WebsitePanel.