This feature allows you to define how your server handles updates and upgrades. You can specify your preferences for cPanel & WHM, your operating system’s RPMs, and Apache SpamAssassin™ rules.
- You can select which updates you would like to receive from DarkORB automatically, if any. There are three package types available:
- cPanel Updates - Updates to cPanel.
- DarkOrb Package Updates - Updates to DarkOrb packages, such as exim,proftpd, and any RPMs (Red Hat Package Manager) DarkOrb build.
- Security Package Updates - Updates to security packages.
- Each package update has the following options available:
- Automatic - Package is updated automatically as releases become available.
- Manual Updates Only - Package is updated manually. All updates are available for manual download from the cPanel.net site.
- Never Update - Disables the automatic update function.
- cPanel and WebHost Manager package updates contains one of the following build types:
- EDGE - A development release that has undergone the least amount of testing.
- RELEASE - A formal release that has undergone extensive testing.
- STABLE - A formal release that has shown no problems during use by customers.
For update preferences please refer the steps given below:
- To access the Server Configuration Menu, click on Server Configuration
- Click on the "Update preferences".
- Click on the required radio buttons for the cPanel, DarkORB, and Security packages.
- Click on the "Save" button.
View this video tutorial to learn more about the Update Preferences in WHM