How can I change the current theme of my WordPress website ?
To change the current theme of your WordPress website, login to your WordPress dashboard and proceed as follows: (Added numbers-1 and2)
- From the left hand side pane, select Appearance.
- Click on Themes, then take one of the following courses:
Selecting a theme from Pre-installed themes
- By default, there are three themes already installed in your WordPress.
- To select from them, click on one of the themes.
- Click Live Preview to see how your website will appear with this theme.
- (Note: You can further customize its appearance on your website, either before or after the installation of theme)
- Click on Save & Activate to start using the theme.
Selecting a theme from Non-installed themes
- Click on Add New Theme.
- New page opens up that lists hundreds of WordPress themes to choose from and that are classified under three categories – Featured, Popular and Latest.
- Select a theme of your choice.
- Click on Details & Preview to see a preview along with some important information about the theme.
- Click on Install from top of left side pane, to install it on your WordPress.
- Now, follow these steps to activate it.
- Click On Appearance.
- Click on Themes.
- Click On Select Theme.
- Click on Activate.