How to add more functionalities on my WordPress website using pre-installed widgets ?
To add more functionalities to your WordPress website, you can activate and customize the pre-installed widgets on your WordPress website. For that, login to your WordPress dash board and proceed as follows:
From the left hand side pane, select Appearance.
- Click on Widgets.
- Now, the widgets window opens up.
- All your widgets are listed under Available Widgets.
- To activate a widget on your website, follow these steps:
- Click on a widget and a dropdown menu appears which lists the places where you can place the widget on your website.
- Select one place (Ex. Left Sidebar) from the list by clicking on it.
- Now, click Add Widget button located under the same list, to add it to your website.
To customize a widget, follow these steps:
- Click on the name of place where the widget is placed. (All the place names are listed on the right side in two columns on the same widgets screen)
- The list of widgets placed there drops down.
- Click on a widget that you want to customize and the available options drop down.
- Make your changes.Click on the Save button under the options to make it up on your website.