To add your social media accounts into your WordPress website, login to your WordPress dashboard and proceed as per the following steps.
Step 1: Install a social media plugin on your WordPress website, using the following steps:
- From the left hand side pane, select Plugins.
- Click on Add New.
- Now the Add Plugins window opens up.
- Use the Plugin Search Bar to narrow down your search by typing a keyword like social media icons.
- Browse the list of plugins.
- Click on the plugin name to see the plugin description.
- Select Install Now.
- Activate Plugin.
- The social media plugin will now appear as a widget in the Widgets section of your WordPress.
Step 2: Customize the Social Media settings.
- From the left side pane, select Appearance.
- Click on Theme Options.
- Click on Social Icons.
- Enter your social media account URLs that lead to your profile on a particular social media site, in the respective boxes.
- Click on Save Options.
Step 3: Activate the Social Media Plugin.
- From the left hand side pane, select Appearance.
- Click on Widgets.
- Now, the widgets window opens up.
- Click on the social media widget and a dropdown menu appears which lists the places where you can place the social media icons on your website.
- Select one place (Ex. Left Sidebar) from the list by clicking on it.
- Now, click Add Widget button located under the same list, to add it to your website.