How to add my social media accounts into my WordPress website?
To add your social media accounts into your WordPress website, login to your WordPress dashboard and proceed as per the following steps.
Step 1: Install a social media plugin on your WordPress website, using the following steps:
- From the left hand side pane, select Plugins.
- Click on Add New.
- Now the Add Plugins window opens up.
- Use the Plugin Search Bar to narrow down your search by typing a keyword like social media icons.
- Browse the list of plugins.
- Click on the plugin name to see the plugin description.
- Select Install Now.
- Activate Plugin.
- The social media plugin will now appear as a widget in the Widgets section of your WordPress.
Step 2: Customize the Social Media settings.
- From the left side pane, select Appearance.
- Click on Theme Options.
- Click on Social Icons.
- Enter your social media account URLs that lead to your profile on a particular social media site, in the respective boxes.
- Click on Save Options.
Step 3: Activate the Social Media Plugin.
- From the left hand side pane, select Appearance.
- Click on Widgets.
- Now, the widgets window opens up.
- Click on the social media widget and a dropdown menu appears which lists the places where you can place the social media icons on your website.
- Select one place (Ex. Left Sidebar) from the list by clicking on it.
- Now, click Add Widget button located under the same list, to add it to your website.