Users need not sign out from cPanel to access the webmail.
If your domain name is propagated, use http://domain.com/webmail/. Prior to that, you can also use http://your-ip-address/webmail/. A pop-up window will appear where the user must enter the following information:
- User Name: the full email address (email@example.com).
- Password: the password for the email account in question.
You can restrict which email program your webmail users are allowed to, using following steps:
- Login to cPanel.
- Click on "Subdomains".
- You will see a blank form to fill out with name ".domainname.com". In that blank spot enter what you want to use as your subdomain. For example, "webmail".
- Once you get a confirmation message, click the "go back" link (do not use the back button!).
- In the next field select the webmail.yourdomain.com in the box and click on "Setup Redirection".
- In the page that loads next, enter one of the following URLs for the program you want users to be able to access. The trailing slash must be used:
Squirrel Mail: http://www.domain.com:2095/3rdparty/ squirrelmail/index.php/
- Click on "Save". Try and access webmail.yourdomain.com .Login with your username and password, you should automatically be at the program of your choice.