What are the benefits of AWS Auto Scaling?
AWS Auto Scaling is a fast, secure and easy way to optimize and maintain balance between the performance and costs of your applications.
- Quick unified scaling : AWS Auto Scaling provides a unified scaling experience for all of the scalable resources powering your application. You can see the average utilization for all of your scalable resources and quickly define target utilization levels for each group of like resources from a single, intuitive interface.
- Predictable scaling : AWS Auto Scaling calculates the minimum and maximum limits between which your resources will scale. This means that at any given time, you can quickly gauge the minimum performance and maximum cost of your environment.
- Make smart scaling decisions: AWS Auto Scaling lets you automate how groups of different resources respond to changes in demand. Easy-to-understand scaling strategies let you choose to optimize availability, costs, or a balance of both. AWS Auto Scaling automatically creates all of the scaling policies and sets targets for you based on your preference.
- Automatically maintain performance: AWS Auto Scaling continually monitors resources underlying your application to make sure that they are operating at your desired performance levels. When demand spikes, AWS Auto Scaling automatically increases the capacity of constrained resources so you maintain a high quality of service.
- Anticipate costs and avoid overspending: AWS Auto Scaling can help you optimize your utilization and cost efficiencies when consuming AWS services so you only pay for the resources you actually need. When demand drops, AWS Auto Scaling will automatically remove any excess resource capacity so you avoid overspending.