Cannot find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Intro to Web Hosting
- What is web hosting?
- What are web servers? Why are they necessary?
- What's the difference between shared, dedicated, and other types of hosting?
- What is a control panel?
- What do you mean when you say gigabyte, megabyte, GB, and MB?
- How much disk space and bandwidth do I need for my website?
- Why shouldn't I go for that unlimited plan? Beware overselling?
- What happens if I exceed my space or bandwidth quotas?
- Am I allowed to resell my hosting space?
- Can I host more than one site per account?
- In general, what can get my account suspended?
- What is an Uptime Guarantee?
- What are domain names? How do they work?
- How do I decide what to choose for a domain name?
- Where can I buy a domain name for my site?
- Can people find out where I live based on my domain registration information?
- Should I pay for private domain registration?
- What are parked and addon domains? What about subdomains?
- What is an IP address? Do I need a Dedicated IP?
- What is an SSL/TLS certificate?
- What are PHP, Perl, Python, and Ruby on Rails?
- What is a MySQL database?
- What is FTP? Why do I need it?
- How many email accounts do I need?
- What is an email auto-responder?
- What is Spam?
- Should I be taking backups of my account? If so, how often?