WebsitePanel is a flexible and powerful open source control panel for Windows hosting that enables users to manage their complete hosting environment from a single interface through simple point-and-click.
It is a completely customizable web based admin tool that provides control over various Windows Server applications including IIS, SQL Server, Exchange 2010, Sharepoint 2010, OCS, Lync and Hyper-V Deployments. It also provides support for private cloud servers.
It not only provides users with the complete control of their server, but also allows sharing of resources across many customer accounts in case of resellers. A plethora of functionalities can be managed through this robust server management tool, including but not limited to:
- Installing servers.
- Creating and managing users.
- Configuring mailboxes or Email accounts.
- Creating and managing Email Forwarders.
- Creating and managing websites.
- Creating and managing virtual directories.
- Creating and managing domains and sub-domains.
- Creating and managing custom error messages.
- Creating and managing DNS zone editor.
- Creating and managing dedicated IP addresses.
- Creating and managing advanced website statistics.
- Remote management of IIS7.
- Accessing server logs, CPU utilization, network usage and traffic usage.
- Accessing details of available and used webspace and bandwidth.
- Maintaining FTP users' accounts.
- Managing SQL and mySQL server databases and users.
- Checking server status, Backup, Reboot / Pause / Resume server, and Start / Turn Off / Shut Down server.
- Creating Instant Alias (Pre-prorogation URL).
- Enabling ASP.NET 2.0-3.5, 4.0, Classic ASP and PHP 5.3.
- Installing applications through Microsoft's Web App Gallery Service.
- Creating peer accounts for friends and co-workers.
- Creating subaccounts.
- Assigning resource pool to subaccounts which can be delegated as and when necessary.
- Creating and managing hosting packages.
- Adding customers with their own control panels and with their own branding.
- Setting up their own e-commerce hosting store for hosting packages, add-ons and domain name registration.
- Customer Billing with support for PayPal, 2CheckOut, and Aothorize.Net
- Automated Customer Payment Reminders
- Customer Account Activation and Suspension
- It allows users to develop features specifically for their business or for the community as a whole.
- It also allows users to take advantage from contributions made by others in the WebsitePanel community. As WebsitePanel is community driven, the platform remains up-to-date with the latest trends in the industry with the introduction of new features on a regular basis.
- It implements changes and updates more uniformly.
- Introduction of new and updated features enable users to remain relevant by accessing niche markets and competing on a larger scale.
- It integrates readily with user's existing software and platforms. It also has close integration with Microsoft Web App gallery.
- It improves organizational security as services deployed using WebsitePanel are auto-provisioned and so all the configuration is identical. This removes the vulnerability to error that's commonplace with manual provisioning.
- It doesn't require any technically trained staff to handle WebsitePanel.
- It allows users to securely share resources thereby maximizing resource utilization.
- It enables users to manage their services themselves, thereby supplementing their in-house IT.
- It enables resellers to create subaccounts and assign them resource pools which they can delegate at their will, thereby freeing resellers from providing end-user support and reducing their sales and marketing costs.
- It makes SaaS licensing a child's play with its automated usage reporting. This ensures compliance, streamlines auditing and increases billing accuracy.
- If one is unable to get the needed support from the community, many highly-skilled, knowledgeable and dependable companies provide support for WebsitePanel.
Click here to find detailed documentation regarding how you can sign in to the WebsitePanel control panel, restore and change account password, change account details, view account summary, sign out from control panel, create peer account and view audit log.
WebsitePanel™ is a product of the Outercurve Foundation.