Acronis Cyber Infrastructure is a reliable, easy-to-use, cost-efficient, scalable software-defined universal storage solution.
If you are among the service providers and organizations seeking improved performance, availability and manageability of your data center, then the good news is that Acronis Cyber Infrastructure is now available in its latest version 3.5.
An introduction to Acronis Cyber Infrastructure (ACI)
Acronis Cyber Infrastructure provides a great basis for building a datacenter as all the features and functionalities are provided by software, so instead of getting tied to a specific hardware, organizations can use industry-specific hardware and save money in the process.
Also, ACI is scalable so you can begin small and grow your infrastructure as needed, overtime by paying only the resources you actually use.
ACI’s ease of use combined with scalability and low cost makes it an ideal solution for edge data centers. It also works very well for core data centers as there’s no hard limit to how much ACI can scale.
If you are a managed service provider (MSP), it’s an ideal solution for you as with ACI, you can:
- Offer hosting in your own data center.
- Install and manage customer infrastructure on-premise.
- Provide hybrid cloud solutions to your customers.
To know more about Acronis Cyber Infrastructure, watch this video:
Benefits of Acronis Cyber Infrastructure for your business
It is used to store and manage approximately 200 PB of data backed up from more than 500,000 servers, PCs and mobile devices that rely on Acronis Cyber Protection products.
- Cost efficient: The solution fits on any business model and runs on industry-standard hardware. Acronis offers flexible licensing, including subscription licenses and pay-as-you-go.
- Easy: With ACI, ensure that your environment is running smoothly with easy to use management tools and pre-configured dashboards with in-built cluster monitoring and troubleshooting solution.
- Safe: When you use Acronis CloudRAID technology and AES-256 encryption, you never lose your data because of malicious external attacks or hardware failures. Your data remains authentic with the blockchain technology that’s in-built in Acronis Notary.
- Universal: With ACI, cover all scenarios and use cases with a single solution that combines network, compute and storage in one, scalable product.
- Quick: Get perfect hardware performance with SSD caching support, multi-threaded I/O handling, automatic drive load balancing and parallel reception. With your business growth, scale to tens of petabytes.
What’s new and improved in ACI 3.5?
- Get up to 3 times faster random writes and up to 25% faster random reads on hybrid and all-flash nodes (compared to version 3.0)
- Get up to 20% better performance for Windows VMs
- Granular VM placement based on performance capabilities of the nodes
- Migrate virtual machines from VMware vSphere 5.0 or later to Acronis Cyber Infrastructure
- iSCSI targets on Acronis Cyber Infrastructure have been declared “VMware Ready” and supported by VMware
- Certified for 3.0 – certification testing is in progress for 3.5
- New easy-to-use preconfigured dashboard for block storage
- Archive data more easily with API support for object locking
- Workload migration allows maintenance of physical nodes while keeping workloads up and running
- Added Non-Disruptive Rolling Updates and Upgrades with no downtime to all workloads
- Recover faster from disk failures with automatic role assignment for the new replacement disks.
Read details in a report by Forrester.
How can I get Acronis Cyber Infrastructure?
ACI can be purchased as only software license, or if you need more turn-key deployment, get it preconfigured on Acronis hardware appliance.
Acronis Cyber Infrastructure Vs Storage Appliance
|FEATURE||SOFTWARE LICENSE||STORAGE APPLIANCE|
|Deployment||Runs on hardware of the choice of customer.||Software is pre-installed and is easy to deploy.|
|Cold Storage||Store backups from Acronis solutions, backups from other backup providers, application data, shared files, geo-replicate, and upload data to the public clouds.||Same as software license, in highly redundant, specially engineered appliance that provides five servers in a third of the usual rack space.|
|Hot Storage||Expose shares to be used by virtualization products from VMware, Hyper-V and others.||Not supported on the appliance.|
|Compute||Set up and run development, test and production environments.||Set up and run development environments.|
Following are the differences between software license and storage appliance:
You can take a free trial of Acronis Cyber Infrastructure by clicking here. With it, you get:
- Up to 1 TB of total storage – big enough to allow testing of most workloads.
- No limit on virtualization.
- Full function and licensed forever trial.
Why get Acronis Cyber Infrastructure from ZNetLive?
With ZNetLive, you get:
- Acronis Cyber Infrastructure in the most cost-effective manner.
- You also get support in real time from Acronis certified support personnel of ZNetLive.
Jyotsana Gupta – the content and communication head, is an engineer by education and a writer at heart. In technical writing for 8 years, she makes complex topics interesting to general audience. She loves going on long drives in her spare time.