New to Microsoft 365?
If yes, you will probably be figuring out how to set up your Microsoft 365 subscription. As part of the initial setup, you must do a few things like add a domain or users, etc. to ensure that you and your team are able to make the most of your Microsoft 365 subscription. Assigning licenses is one of the first tasks you’ll need to complete.
You must be thinking what are Microsoft 365 licenses? Or why do I need to separately assign licenses to the users?
What are Microsoft 365 licenses?
Well, when you purchase a Microsoft 365 subscription, you will need to specify the number of licenses required. This usually coincides with the number of people in your organization. Once you have obtained a subscription, you have to create and add users via the Microsoft 365 admin panel and also assign licenses to these users.
If your organization grows, you can also purchase additional licenses to accommodate new users or to even reassign licenses when someone leaves. The license basically allows users to enjoy Microsoft 365 services like accessing the mailbox or using Teams. The features will depend upon the subscription you have taken.
Suggested reading: How to Buy Microsoft 365 from ZNetLive?
Microsoft 365 offers a range of subscription plans that provide access to different applications and services, so it’s important to assign the right licenses to the right people. Fortunately, the Microsoft 365 Admin Panel makes it easy to manage licenses for your organization. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps for assigning licenses in the Microsoft 365 Admin Panel, so you can ensure that your users have the tools they need to be productive and efficient.
How to assign licenses in Microsoft 365 admin panel?
Before you begin assigning licenses to users, you must have a global license, or be a user admin.
1. Go to login.microsoftonline.com or office.com.
2. Once you have signed in using your Microsoft credentials, you will be able to see the home page. From here, click on the admin panel settings icon (available in the left navigation menu)
3. Once you are on the admin dashboard, locate the ‘Add User’ button on the screen and click on it.
4. This will open add user section. Mention all the details of the user you want to assign the license as shown in the picture.
5. Once done, click on Next.
6. Select the product license you want to assign to the user. You will be able to see the available licenses under the subscription you have chosen. (In this case, we have chosen Microsoft 365 Basic)
Click on Next, and fill in the subsequent details required.
7. You can review the information once, if all information is correct, go ahead and click on Finish Adding.
You will be able to see the new user and the assigned license.
And with this, you’ve successfully assigned the Microsoft 365 license to a user.
If you need more guidance, you can check out this video as well.
Need more support? Get in touch with our experts at [email protected].