What is a subdomain?
In the hierarchy of DNS, subdomain or a child domain forms a part of a larger domain name. For instance, in ‘blog.znetlive.com’, “blog” is a subdomain of the larger domain “znetlive.com.” Here is the hierarchy of DNS:
Here is the stepwise process of how you can create subdomain in cPanel:
- First login to your cPanel.
- After logging in, you will see the below screen:
- Now move over to subdomain option and click on it.
On this screen, you need to enter your subdomain name and mention document root for it. For example if you want to create subdomain as test, you can proceed as given below:
- After filling all fields, click on the create option.
- Once subdomain is created, you can upload your data under the subdomain directory.
Although, the complete stepwise process has been explained through screenshots, but in order to see it in action, watch this video:
For more information on domains, you can visit our knowledgebase.
You can get in touch with me using comment section below.