“LK Advani’s official website hacked again, restored” – Aug 21, 2014, Economic Times.
“Sony Playstation game website hacked” – August 24, 2014, Business Today
LK Advani’s and Sony’s websites were in news last week for getting hacked, again. The website’s display and content were altered and malicious messages were posted so as to downgrade the reputation and use their popularity for promoting selfish interests.
Equally alarming to the news of these websites getting compromised is the fact that all this could have been avoided by having some simple security measures up on the website, which are extremely economical and would have averted the mishaps.
You work day and night with all your sweat and blood to bring the best traffic for your website. But minor ignorances (although major in today’s internet landscape) like forgetting to take care of the security measures give anti-social individuals, software and activites on the internet like Malware, Hacking and Phishing an easy way to compromise your website data’s security and credibility.
Once the customer trust and website credibility is lost due to these illegal activities, it’s next to impossible to bring back the prized customers on your website again. Also, Google and other popular search engines immediately black list the websites whose security is compromised or even if proper security measures aren’t up on the website.
What is Malware, Hacking & Phishing?
Hacked! The most widespread infectious anti-security mechanism on the internet is that of malware. The process of injecting this malware on the website is called as hacking and a similar process that identifies and hacks the confidential information on the website is called as phishing. Let’s get to know them one by one.
Malware-The malicious software- popularly known as malware, can be easily installed on your website by hackers who find weaknesses on your web server. A website can have thousand potential vulnerabilities for the malware injection. Once a malware injection is placed on your website, malware can be easily used to spread viruses.
Hacking– An illegal activity that uses technical know how in order to manipulate the normal functioning of the systems and websites and in turn hamper the original data and its privacy.
Phishing- The process shares analogy with its homophone counterpart ‘Fishing’ as both involve capturing the respective prey. In Phishing however, prey is the target web user who is duped by asking to submit the personal info, credit and debit card details via fraud emails.
How important it is to protect your website data?
Your website grows with the trust of your customers. But once the data credibility is compromised, the trust goes and so do your customers. The malware problem is a huge one and is growing at a fast pace. Hackers keep finding new ways to write bigger and better malware, thus mandating the need of website scanning tool that can counter such measures and give website owners peace of mind.
ZNetLive, in association with SiteLock is proud to introduce their proprietary Website scanning technology to Indian customers. SiteLock detects the threat that can harm your website and proactively removes them. Whether you’ve a blog or other content driven website or an e-commerce website, SiteLock scans your site for malware injections, website vulnerabilities, and other threats to your online business in the following ways:
- Protects your reputation and ensures an uninterrupted communication with your customers. SiteLock’s scanners verify that your website is safe from blacklists, your e-mail does not get marked as spam, and your SSL certificate is valid.
- Keeps security up to date. The vulnerability scanning identifies the application that you have installed. If any vulnerability is detected by SiteLock, it is immediately reported.
- Prevents SQL injection and Cross-site Scripting. SiteLock’s SQL injection and application scans review all the files and applications on your website to detect any injections that have been inserted in your website code.
- Network Security Scan. A network scan which checks almost each and every port on your server makes sure that only the appropriate ports are open for the type of server you are using (e-mail ports for e-mail servers, web ports for web servers, etc.)
- Prevents attack. The True Shield firewall adds additional protection by blocking the malicious traffic and harmful requests.
Features of SiteLock
Detailed features of SiteLock and how it works are available on our website product page and the resources below:
- Understanding what is Malware and how Website Malware Detection Work
- How SiteLock protects against OWASP top 10 threats
- Complete features of Website Malware Detection Scanning by Sitelock
- Infographic – How SiteLock works – Your Web Security Guide
Get Flat 30% OFF till 28th Feb 2017 by using Coupon Code SiteLockLaunch at checkout.
For more information, please feel free to use the comments section below.
Services ZNetLive offer:
Latest posts by Barkha (see all)
- How is Data Transforming Healthcare in India? - December 6, 2019
- Evolution of healthcare data – historical facts one should know - November 29, 2019
- Incoming! Healthcare data protection law in India - November 18, 2019