Public cloud vs Private cloud vs Hybrid cloud? Which is best for me?
Cloud computing is one of the fastest and continuously evolving technologies which has made organizations more responsive with significant advantages in terms of speed, agility, flexibility, resource- pooling, elasticity to the organizations and thus, everyone is ‘moving to the cloud’.
But now the question arises which cloud hosting environment is right for your organization-Private cloud vs Public cloud vs Hybrid cloud. Consider and evaluate your business needs before choosing any cloud solution, as every business has specific requirements to succeed in this competitive world.
However, it does not matter whichever option you choose- public vs private vs hybrid cloud as each cloud hosting type, gives you the reason why cloud hosting is better than traditional hosting.
The information below will help you to evaluate -Public cloud vs private cloud vs hybrid cloud and select the best cloud option suitable for your business needs.
It is the flexible cloud platform on which resources such as applications, data storage, servers are provided by the service provider to the multiple consumers via public network –internet.
Benefits of public cloud
1. Low- cost platform –Public Cloud hosting is highly cost efficient, as it helps you to pay only for those services which you actually utilize and saves your upgradation costs too by helping you to draw most out of your existing IT system.
2. On- demand scalability– This vast network of multiple servers facilitates easy handling of growing or reducing business needs (for resources). Also, its compatibility with different operating systems, languages, tools, frameworks, databases allows you to develop things faster.
3. Maximum uptime– With Microsoft public cloud, you need not worry for downtime, as failure of one server is handled by other servers in the network, automatically.
4. Accessible from anywhere-This feature of public cloud provides remote access to IT infrastructure or online team/document collaboration from various locations. In fact, it makes you available globally.
The above- mentioned benefits are the key reasons as to why organizations are making transformational shift from dedicated server to public cloud.
Public cloud is the best option for – Small and medium- sized organizations with low budget, less technical expertise, immediate scalability needs, less security concerns should go for public cloud option.
Private cloud is the cloud computing platform in which services and infrastructure are dedicated for the use of a single organization and are not shared by any other organization.
Benefits of Private cloud
1. Complete Security – Private cloud option is more secure than public cloud option as it allows you to integrate cloud in your data center.
2. More privacy– Resources are not shared by any other organization on private cloud. You get private network, private virtual server, and private bare metal server with private cloud. Also you can customize resources as per your needs.
3. More control-This option gives you the right to install virtualization software as per your needs and choice thus giving you more control in your hands.
4. Greater reliability-This option gives increased resilience and load balancing capabilities to an organization. Also, you get easy access to additional resources as you own a cloud.
Private cloud is the best option for-Large organizations with dynamic or unpredictable needs- self run datacenters, more/direct control, virtualized environment, high security and privacy and management of critical workloads.
Hybrid Cloud environment uses best of both public and private cloud(efficiency & scalability of public cloud combined with security, cost-effectiveness, control of private cloud) to deliver high performance to the organization.
Gartner Says “Nearly Half of Large Enterprises Will Have Hybrid Cloud Deployments by the End of 2017″.
Benefits of Hybrid cloud
1. Scale on demand– You can meet changing business needs of your organization with hybrid cloud hosting easily because it allows you to shift high scalability demanding operations on to the public cloud and operations demanding lesser scaling on your private cloud.
2. Flexible management –With hybrid cloud hosting you can secure your sensitive data on private cloud and save your costs by managing less sensitive data on public cloud.
3. Security and disaster recovery– By combining both private cloud and public cloud option organizations can address compliance and security issues. You can also, maintain in- house storage for sensitive and critical operations.
4. Reliability and high performance– This cloud option allows you to shift workloads between public cloud and private clouds as per business needs and get complete view of the infrastructure.
Hybrid cloud is the best option for-Organizations which need flexible infrastructure, advantage of storage, backup, scalability and recovery options with increased efficiency and reduced cost.
In short, businesses which need resources of both public cloud and private cloud should choose hybrid cloud.
Thus, evaluate your needs and choose best cloud hosting-public vs private vs hybrid cloud for your organization.
Services ZNetLive offer:
Feel free to contact if you have any doubt, drop comments in the section below.