We all are much familiar with the word “blog” and visit various kinds of blogs every day, ranging from simple travel tips, to tech-rich blogs. Have you ever wondered, how they come into existence and what makes them attractive? Well! Maybe they were built using an HTML website builder or a content management platform like WordPress.
Millions of people and organizations run blogging sites and there’s a lot of competition in place. So, to attract a reader or a visitor to your blog, you need to take care of your site’s:
- Design and look
- Ease of usage
- Aesthetic appeal
- Flexibility in navigating.
Thus, to manage their blogging sites, the owners need an efficient website builder tool and/or a content management system. Here, we will be discussing about:
- WordPress vs Website builder.
- The difference between the above two.
What is Website Builder?
A website builder tool, as its name conveys, is a platform through which anyone can build his website. It guides you in customizing the design and look of your site. It is a sort of do-it-yourself approach which does not require any high-end technical expertise and experience in CSS, HTML and other coding languages.
Many of them like easy website builder help you easily create a website with multiple layouts, themes and designs. You can start on a free plan and later adopt any paid-plan per the business requirement.
Pros of website builders:
- You get to choose from several templates and designs.
- Many of them also offer branding logo palettes.
- Easy drag-and-drop editor to facilitate operations.
- Pre-existing widgets to choose from.
Cons of website builders:
- Some website builders limit the number of pages you can create per website. Eventually, when your content increases, you would need to upgrade to a paid plan.
- Free website builder does not allow you to use your own URL, you have to use the free URL assigned.
Apart from the layout and design, you also have to manage the content. A content management platform like WordPress, helps you do that!
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a complete tool for building and managing your website. You have full control over your website and get tools and plugins for ease of usage and increased functionalities. Unlike many website builders, WordPress has a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface.
You can easily add posts, media, pages, settings etc. and manage your site perfectly. The best part about WordPress is its audacity to manage everything from personal blogs to full-fledged websites.
A report from W3Techs.com identifies WordPress as the most used website building platform in 2017.
Now, you may ask how WordPress is different from a Website Builder. Let’s draw a very fair comparison between the duo, to give you a clear picture.
WordPress vs Website builder tool
|Flexibility||As compared to its WordPress, Website Builders are less flexible. They can manage personal or small websites, but have some limits when it comes to full-fledged website management.||Being an open-source website creation and management tool, it has a lot of themes and plugins that give you complete freedom to create/modify your website.|
|Ease of Use||Most of the website builders have drag-and-drop features which make them very easy to use. Thus, you actually don’t need any technical knowledge to manage your site content.||It is not a drag-and-drop editor. You have to work a little using WYSIWYG editor to modify the layouts or format of your content.|
|User Support||Website builders are though very easy to use, yet you can find a lot of documental support with regards to their usage.||WordPress has a big community when it comes to help and support. You can read and participate in their forums, post direct questions, and get all sorts of queries resolved.|
|Layouts & themes||They have built-in templates which can be directly used to design your site’s layout.||WordPress offers thousands of templates – both free and paid, per the requirement of the users.|
|Pricing||Most of the web hosting providers give easy website builder tools as a part of their hosting.||The pricing depends on the WordPress plan you take, the very basic plan is free, but buying a WordPress hosting however, is more beneficial. Read more about WordPress hosting in this blog.|
How ZNetLive helps you in building your website?
ZNetLive’s easy website builder tool equips you with the capability to create and manage your website. With no technical expertise, you can build a website and organize it. You get:
- Pre-existing themes and customizable layouts.
- Easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor.
- Drag-and-drop features to manage images, videos, text block etc.
- Marketing and SEO supporting features.
Apart from this, our Managed WordPress hosting plans are designed to meet requirements- ranging from personal, professional, business, premium and enterprise requirement. What’s more? Our WordPress hosting is powered by Plesk WordPress toolkit 2.0 with features like:
- Quick and easy one click installation of all WordPress instances. With Plesk, you don’t need to worry about your site’s security, as it runs proper scans to protect your installations.
- Easy migration of remote instance to a new host. Your site will be automatically added to the WordPress Toolkit, with functions performing properly.
- Develop a cloning environment for your WordPress Site and make changes in the code without affecting the actual site.
- Copy data between two or more WordPress instances.
- Manage all important debug alternatives in WordPress and enable or disable search engines from indexing your site on per-instance basis.
- Protect staging site passwords, helping your team to review before anything goes live.
- Maintain everything – from changes to WordPress installations, theme and plugins to automatic updates.
- Run any WP-CLI update for importing a database, creating new users, updating themes and plugins.
- Reseller management feature to manage all WP instances of your customers from a single-entry point.
With our managed WordPress Hosting with Plesk WordPress toolkit 2.0, you get the ability to work better, safer and faster.
— Plesk (@Plesk) March 28, 2017
If you are looking to start your own website, we hope this write-up will help you in choosing the right platform. If you have any doubts regarding it, you can drop them in our comments section below.
Priya an ambivert by nature, believes in giving shape to her ideas through her write ups. She is an intellectual person who loves exploring and researching about new things. In her free times she loves reading novels along with some soft music.