“Affiliate marketing has made business millions and ordinary people millionaires”-BO Bennett
Earning money is certainly not rocket science but earning money without putting in much efforts is certainly an art which depends not only on your marketing capabilities but on how skillfully you communicate things to customers.
Affiliate marketing too is an art- a smart medium to earn money via ‘word of mouth’ marketing of the services of a merchant. With proper affiliate marketing techniques, more and more people will buy products/services through your affiliate link and thus you will earn more commission.
So, how can you become a successful affiliate marketer?
Just employ the balanced mix of right marketing tactics to improve your site’s exposure and attract more potential customers’ which in turn, will increase traffic–highly targeted traffic–to your site.
Here are few tips for getting the right mix of tactics to become a successful affiliate marketer:
- Find the right affiliate program
There are a no. of companies that design affiliate programs to promote their products. But choosing the right merchant who offers incremental commission structure for you and qualitative services for your customers, is essential.
Why right company?
Do you want your customers to go and purchase a service following your recommendation and come back unhappy? In that case do you think that this customer will ever return to your site and take your advice again? Most likely no. This hurts your credibility-key of affiliates to earn more money.
So, company that offers good customer service will have better customer satisfaction so try to choose and join hands with them to promote their products.
- Add flavor of personalization to your account –Special discounts, Special landing page, Special banners.
Gone are the days when just slapping up of banner ads would work and help you earn customers and revenue. Today things have changed to –’dil mange more’ and ‘aur dikhao, aur dikhao’!
So, let your website visitors feel that your affiliate account is customized as per their needs and purchase via your link will help them save ‘MORE’.
- People like purchasing products on ‘discounted rates’. So introduce special discount coupons codes which are visible only to those customers who visit your host’s website via your ‘unique URL’.
- Ask from your web host for separate web (landing) page for your affiliate account which has personal logo and name. This will build your image as premium partner and thus enhance your credibility.
- Make your site attractive by using special pre-built banners –relevant to the services.
- Empower your website with ‘content’ –the king
A report by ZenithOptimedia forecasts that, between 2014 and 2017, the amount of time spent consuming media around the world will increase by an average 1.4% a year, reaching 506.0 minutes in 2017. Meanwhile, internet consumption will grow by 9.8% a year to reach 144.8 minutes a day.
This estimation highlights the importance of loading your site with content. But there are key points which you need to consider while creating content:
- Write articles which pose relevance to the services you are recommending.
- Avoid hard- selling as people don’t like advertising while making purchase decisions. They want only valuable information, so keep your content subtle.
- Structure your content strategically and put your affiliate links on keywords wisely.
Content created should be of good quality as it spreads via social media, generates word of mouth, is used by search engines to rank your site and last but not the least people use this to find your business. So if you are a prolific writer then it’s great but if not, then outsource content. Many companies provide guest content writing services, that too free of cost, find one for yourself and use for your blog.
Many of the ZNetLive’s affiliates have benefited by using quality articles written by our dedicated writers’ team on their website/blog and have experienced tremendous change in conversions.
Coupon vs Offer-published- Buy Domain name in India-GODaddy vs BigRock vs ZNetLive.
Drop us an email at email@example.com requesting guest articles for your website.
- Increase social media activity to outreach your customers
As per Statista- In 2016, it is estimated that there will be around 2.13 billion social network users around the globe, up from 1.4 billion in 2012.
Social media networking is one of the most popular online activities and so is Facebook- the most popular and actively used online network. Its users account for almost half of internet users worldwide.
Social posting is another thing that will help you become a successful affiliate marketer. Social media sites have large following and interaction on them via comments, feedbacks, likes and sharing is quite easy and quick.
So create posts on various offers, services you want to sell and share on social media sites.
ZNetLive actively helps its partners with professionally designed, pre-built social media posts, discount banners, etc. which you can use on your site and increase your sales and finally revenue.
See how BuyersGoHappy used social media for promotional activities.
- Do e-mail marketing wisely
E-mail is still the most effective tool to reach customers. You can also use this tool to communicate with your clients, inform them about new offers, about services, discounts or promos. Just e-mail your affiliate link to specified person and let them know how they can save, when they will make ‘purchase’ via your affiliate link.
Follow these steps to earn steady stream of revenue.
Services ZNetLive offer:
If there is any doubt regarding this write up feel free to drop comments.
Latest posts by Lipika (see all)
- 8 Tips to Choose a Domain Name for Your Website/Blog in 2019 - July 7, 2019
- I have started a blog. How can I increase blog traffic? - October 24, 2018
- What is the best way to start making money online with affiliate marketing? - July 5, 2018