What is Microsoft 365?
Built on the vision of the modern workplace, Microsoft 365 (M365) is the evolution of Secure Productive Enterprise, the comprehensive productivity suite of Microsoft.
Unveiled in July 2017, it is a product developed from the vision of Microsoft – to help individuals and businesses realize their full potential. Productivity, security and device management were viewed as individual workloads by both – the customers and the partners, for which they sought a comprehensive solution.
This single package was built to improve workplace technology by assembling three of the best Microsoft’s commercial products together – Office 365 + Windows 10 + Enterprise Mobility & Security, all focused on productivity, security, creativity and teamwork.
The combined power of these three offerings empower Microsoft 365 users – be it customers or partners, with best-in-class productivity across devices, while providing IT security and control.
Microsoft 365 and Digital Transformation
As per Harvard Business Review, 86 percent of companies view digital disruption as an opportunity. Every business is getting digitalized and companies across every industry are seeking ways to use digital transformation for customer engagement, employee empowerment, optimized operations and product transformation.
M365 helps businesses to empower their employees on their digital transformation journey. It delivers the most advanced innovations in management, collaboration, enterprise security and business analytics, through cloud services. It addresses the top priorities of online businesses:
- Trust– Protects organization, data, and people.
- Collaboration – Creates a productive workplace.
- Mobility – Enables people to work from anywhere and anytime.
- Intelligence – Provides insights to help organizations take better and fast business decisions.
How many Microsoft 365 bundles or plans are there?
Designed to address the commercial needs of SMBs, largest enterprises and first line workforce as well, different Microsoft 365 bundles are:
• Microsoft 365 Business: This M365 bundle integrates Office 365 Business Premium with tailored security and management features from Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security. It is designed for small to medium-sized businesses with up to 300 users.
• Microsoft 365 Enterprise: This M365 Enterprise bundle integrates Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
It is designed for large organizations with more than 300 users and offers two plans for enterprise users– Microsoft 365 E3 and Microsoft 365 E5.
Both plans provide customers with a complete set of productivity and security capabilities, while Microsoft 365 E5 provides the most advanced innovations in security, compliance, analytics, and collaboration.
M365 Enterprise also offers Microsoft 365 F1 plan to help connect first line workers to do their best work. It helps workforce with scheduling and task management; training and onboarding; and Identity and access management.
Get a quick comparison between Microsoft 365 plans: Microsoft 365 Business vs Microsoft 365 Enterprise.
• Microsoft 365 Education: This Microsoft 365 bundle is built for education. It empowers educators – educational institutions, schools and classrooms. It is offered in three options: Microsoft 365 A1, Microsoft 365 AE and Microsoft 365 A5.
What’s new in Microsoft 365 in 2018?
1. Accessibility checker has been enhanced to make your content easily accessible to people with disabilities.
2. SharePoint spaces have been unveiled to create immersive virtual environments in seconds. This capability enables M365 subscribers to work with 3D models, 360-degree videos, panoramic images, organizational charts, visualizations, and any information on their intranet.
3. Capabilities have been added for improved B2B and B2C collaboration to enable secure working with external partners, outside Microsoft 365 tenant.
4. Advanced security features have been added to Microsoft 365 Business- capabilities like Advanced Threat Protection, data loss prevention and information protection are now included in Microsoft 365 account.
5. Simplified IT management capabilities have been introduced like improvements to cloud-based device management, Kiosk Browser solution in Windows 10 that enables service delivery to firstline workers and customers, and a single integrated admin experience across Microsoft 365.
How can I buy Microsoft 365? What if I want to buy products components, separately? Is it possible?
Microsoft 365 is a single, per-user subscription that is cloud-first with on-premises capabilities. You can buy Microsoft 365 from ZNetLive to get best in class service experience and support, strong SLA, smooth migration and managed support.
Yes, you can buy Office 365, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Enterprise Mobility + Security as standalone services too.
Let us know your thoughts about this write-up in the comments section.
Lipika Is a fun loving person who enjoys writing. She loves learning about all things technical and loves guiding others about it. In her free time, she likes dancing and listening to music. You can catch her at Google+.